1) After installing MINIX on you PC or VM, Login to the system using your root account.
2) You must check first that your MINIX can connect to internet and fetch data from it (you can do that be checking the ping).
3) Now lets install the packages, to install all MINIX packages that will support you with X-Window System & more features write this in terminal
#pkgin update /*This line to update your package list*/
#pkgin in x11 /*This line to start install all X11 packages*/
4) Now wait until all the packages are installed on your PC or VM.
5) After installation of packages reboot your OS.
6) After booting and login with your root account, write “xdm” in terminal and wait for while until the interface load.
7) To login to the interface use your root account (Username: root – Password: blank)